Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Journey begins!

Hi there. My name is Rachta, and art has always been my passion since I was a child.

Although I would like to confess, that it's been almost a year, since the last time that I actually painted or drew anything. I would like to blame it on the new job I got, the stress, but there's no excuse to laziness or de-motivation.

A few days ago, it suddenly hit me, that illustration is my dream. I just want to draw and paint like there's nothing to worry, just draw it from my heart, the same as last time, again.

So that's why I create this blog to keep me drawing. I made a pretty challenging promise to myself, that I would draw at least 1 piece of artwork a day; something I always did last time when I was still in school, but failed to keep up when I started working. I will have to post my artwork in this blog everyday, no matter what.

And I intend to keep the promise.

So let's get started. =)



Yesterday I brought my tablet to office, and used my remaining lunch break trying to paint something.

I first came up with this.



A head of a girl. I continued on the color sketch, and stopped at the end of my lunch break, which is around 20-30 minutes later. The piece looked like this at that time.



And I just finish this piece today. =)

It's not the most refined piece, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. It's fun painting this one.

Finish the whole illustration in around 2-3 hours. Not bad. My speed has improved from last time. =) (which I would have taken all day to finish it)

I've been making snapshots of my whole illustration progress (it's a habit now), so here it is.


click to enlarge!

Thank you for reading until the last line. =) Any comment is appreciated!

The journey will continue again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lillian Thorne said...

Lovely! I really appreciate seeing the process, it's generally been a mystery to me. Thanks for sharing and lovely work.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lillian :3 In this case I will make sure to do it more often! XD

Anyway it's my habit now to take snapshots of my latest progress in the illustration. I will share it along with the finished piece. =)

Post a Comment