Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mensa's Board Game Gathering

Today I went to a Mensa's monthly board game session.

Felt a bit sick when I arrived, so I didn't join my friends in their first game. They were playing Cashflow, a board game with a pretty serious concept of how to manage your finance, cash flow, investment and all that. Not really my thing lol. Already got too much to think in real life.


This is how the board game looks like.

Took my time off to draw this finger food platter served on the table instead XD.


Click to enlarge!

It's been a LONG while since the last time I drew still life. I realized that I need more practice in fine art drawing. The result is not bad, though. Managed to finish it in 1-2 hours at most. Used a mechanical pencil and a Faber Castell pigment liner to draw this piece.


Later I joined in for a quick round of Taboo, a word-guessing game. Surprisingly entertaining. Simple and fun. Planned to color the food platter drawing when I got home, but one of our friend still wanna play another session of Witch's Brew, so we went to McDonald and played one round of it. It was fun, although by the time the round ended it's already 10pm. Reached home at 11pm. Need to sleep soon or else I won't be able to wake up to work in the morning, so this is all I can post for tonight.

Have a good night everyone. :) The journey will continue tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find that piece really detailed! I can't wait for you to continue on it! :D

Looking forward to your post tomorrow! :D

Unknown said...

Awww thanks Darren. ^^ I will be sure to color it and post the finished piece here tomorrow! :3

Post a Comment