Friday, March 2, 2012

Fantasy DIgital Painting : Elven Sorceror

Today I was late to work. =( I didn't hear the alarm clock. Guess I was too tired. Haven't had enough sleep for the whole week. I guess I need to find a way to balance between sleeping, my work, and my drawing. XD Anyway, I'm so glad It's Friday. Went to have dinner at this great Japanese place called 'Standing Sushi Bar'. The food there was amazing. <3 Yum yum.

Just got a great news that I won an art contest in Roleplayer Guild Forum. =3 It's a nice community of great people that love play-by-post roleplaying. Be sure to take a look. Thanks to this forum, especially to the AOTM contest, it's actually one of the reasons I've been motivated to start drawing again. You can view other contestants' amazing artworks here.

This is the entry I've submitted to the contest.

 

The concept I picked was 'Magic'. The color scheme I chose for this piece is green and purple, contrasting colors. It's one of my attempt to draw something other than anime/manga style, and to practice myself in highlight & shading by limiting the colors I can use.

Actually the full picture looks like this. XD I cropped the piece before submitting to the contest, because the original size wouldn't fit in with the contest's legal image dimension.


Click to enlarge!

Today I've touched up a few parts in this illustration. Below is a step-by-step snapshots for the illustration progress =D


Click  to enlarge! Or view on a seperated window here.

Hope you like the piece. The journey will begin again tomorrow! =)

P.S. I also made a forum signature for Baka Kitty today. :)

Baka Kitty (AKA Darren Lee) is now taking up a challenge by self-learning a violin despite his lack of musical background. His dedication and effort is admirable. He's blogging about his practice and progress daily here. Be sure to take a look and it would be invaluable for any feedback you guys can give him to help him improve his skill. Thank you in advance. Wish you all a great day! XD

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY!! Nice signature and painting! I'm so glad you won!! :D

Congratulations krub!

Post a Comment