Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fine art portrait : Jessica Hamby (True Blood)

Today I tried fine art portrait.

The model is Jessica Hamby from True Blood. She's my favorite character of the series. ^^

Jessica Hamby (True Blood)


I was a bit nervous at first, because the problem in my drawing is that every time I try drawing a character, it always ends up looking anime-ish, even when I don't want it to. So today I posted a challenge to myself to draw a realistic looking human. The result was far from perfect, although I feel quite pleased. ^^ I had always been afraid to draw realistic portrait (for fear that it won't be good enough), and I also have drawn only 3-4 pieces at most for my entire life. This piece is, by far, the best (and most probably the fastest) portrait I've drawn so far. I spent time drawing it on MRT to work, MRT coming back, and another one hour at home.

I've planned to practice more on fine art, in order to advance my skill in art furthermore. There will be more realistic portraits coming from me in the near future, until my fine art skill has exceeded satisfactory level. :)

I feel a bit sorry for Jessica. XD My art skill hasn't done her beauty justice. It doesn't look exactly like her, and I kinda drew freely at the hair part. Maybe next time when my drawing skill has improved, I will redraw her again.

Thanks for reading. ^^ The journey will begin again tomorrow! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

MRT = train :P

Nice piece though!! I think its wonderful!! You should do more portraits!

Post a Comment